Sunday, June 14, 2009

Colorburst Cupcakes







Colorburst Cupcakes
1 white cake mix
2 eggs
1 C sour cream
1/2 C milk
1/3 C vegetable oil

Combine all ingredients until incorporated (about 30 seconds). Scrape sides of bowl and then beat on med-high speed for 3 minutes.

Divide batter according to how many colors you are using. I used 5 colors and it worked out to a little over 1 cup for each color. The red shoud be tasteless!!!

Use food coloring to color batter to desired intensity. I used a 1/4 t and they were very bright! You could easily make pastel rainbows using a little less.


It made 18 nice sized cupcakes. I would have to practice real hard to have this make 24 cupcakes. I put water in the pan of the ones that did not have cupcakes in them.





The Icing colors I used, bought them at walmart in the bridal aisle.



Below is the amount of coloring I put in the cake.







Here is what it looked like when I was finished mixing.



No comments: